Tuesday 8 January 2013

CAFFEine; in Setiawalk, Puchong

Lately, there are many cafes mushrooming in Puchong area. That's a good news to Puchong-ians like me because we can get to taste good coffee without going too far./wahaha


The latest cafe I've visited in the last month is the CAFFEine; in Setiawalk. Setiawalk is a commercial-condo, a newly live-work-play concept by SP Setia group. The major attraction there is the super pretty man-made lake, surrounded in the center by buildings consisted of restaurants, condominiums, cafes, bars, shopping malls. And not to forget the very new and comfy TGV cinema at the 5th level!



Very nice lake view : )




Before I went into the CAFFEine; , I had a small dilemma. There's another cafe in Setiawalk - Tipsy O Brew. How do I choose? The CAFFEine; had a nicer and more colorful logo, so there you go. :P

I went in there, and there's a promotion for cake+coffee/tea promotion for RM15. Happily, I saw their cheesecake on display looked pretty delicious.


"One espresso and a Blueberry Cheesecake please"

2 minutes later:


Here's a closer view on the espresso - and the biscotti (the bread-biscuit slice)


At first glance, the espresso looks a little different - the crema is on the rough side with big foam instead  fine foam I am used to see. I had a sip at it without expecting much. But once the liquid was in my mouth, it was quite delicious! The strength of the shot is just nice, not too strong like the usual ristrettos you will get in indies cafes. The flavors were also at the balanced side, the right amount of brightness with sweetness. I guess this is probably how espresso tastes like in the Italy.


The corner decoration of CAFFEine;




After the damage was done and stomach was full, it's time to go home. /bye


Overall, CAFFEine; is not a bad place to hang out in and to try their coffee. Don't expect a third-wave-style super acidic coffee here and you will quite enjoy it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment